The students and staff have to behave in such a manner as to uphold the integrity of our Nation and befitting to a professional institution.
Class : 8.30 am to 4:20 pm from Monday to Friday
Administration : 8.30 am to 4:30 pm (Monday to Friday): 9.30 am to 3.30 pm on Saturdays
Library : 8.30 am to 6:00 pm (Up to 4.30 pm on Saturdays)
Computer centre : 8.30 am to 6.00 pm
Students' store :8.15 am to 4.20 pm (Monday to Friday) 9.00 am to 3.30 pm on Saturdays
Proper dress code (prescribed uniform of the college) should be adhered to before entering the College Campus on all working days.
1 Uniform for Girls
a. Use the dress materials supplied by the College Store, only.
b. Formal three-fourth sleeve shirt with overcoat and pants.
c. Black ladies shoes (Heels covered) made of leather with dark shade socks.
d. Identity Cards should be properly displayed on the chest.
e. Hair styles are expected to be neat, tidy and well groomed.
f. Do not use costly ornaments in the campus. Ornaments should be simple and modest and should avoid fancy items like multiple and dangling ear rings.2 Uniform for Boys
a. Use the dress materials supplied by the College Store, only.
b. Formal Half sleeve shirt and pants. Shirt must be tucked in.
c. Black belt with conventional box frame or plate style of buckles. The end of the belt should not be allowed to hang down from the belt loops.
d. Formal well polished black shoe with dark shade socks.
e. Identity Cards should be properly displayed on the chest.
f. Boys should not wear caps, ear rings, metal chains, wrist bands and other such accessories
g. Hair styles expected to be neat, tidy and sensible. Weird hairstyles and long hair below shirt collar are not acceptable.3 Lab Uniform
Coat over the uniform, with the material supplied from the College Store.
A student seeking admission to the hostel shall give an undertaking in writing that he/she will abide by the rules of the hostel. The Parent or Guardian shall also endorse this. Violation of any of the rules or any act of misconduct will attract penalty and shall make an inmate of the hostel not eligible to continue his/her stay in the hostel.
1. Principal is the Chief of Wardens and shall admit students to hostel and allot rooms.
2. Warden and Resident Tutors shall be in-charge of each hostel.
3. Wake up time shall be 5:30am and lights-off time shall be 11:00pm.
4. The attendance timing is 8.15 pm to 9.30 pm for ladies hostel. In the case of Men’s hostel all hostellers have to be present in their respective rooms and keep open the rooms between 8:15 pm to 10:30 pm every day to enable the Warden/ Resident Tutors to take the attendance.
5. Study time on all days : 6:00am – 7:00am ; 8:00pm - 11:00pm
6. Mess Time:
Break Fast : 7:00am – 7:40am (Girls Only) -- 7:40pm – 8:20pm (Boys Only)
Lunch : 12:50pm – 1:40pm (2 slots) -- 12:50pm – 2:00pm (Friday only)
Tea Break : 4:15pm – 5:00pm
Dinner : 7:00pm – 7:30pm (Girls Only) -- 7:30pm – 8:00pm (Boys only)
7. Computers should be used in the hostel only after getting permission from the Principal and the same should be used for academic purpose only.
8. Entertainment (Games & T.V):4:30pm – 6:30pm.
9. Shopping time: 4:30pm – 6:30pm (Tuesday for girls & Wednesday for boys).
10. Furniture, fixtures and other items shall be properly used and maintained.
11. The hostellers will not be permitted to change their rooms.
12. No inmate shall cause any inconvenience to fellow inmates.
13. The hostellers should not enter into any unnecessary conversation, quarrel or altercation with the hostel staff.
14. All movements to and from the hostel shall be under proper intimation to Deputy Warden / Resident Tutor and entered in the out-pass register/leave register. Girls are permitted to go homewith a written request from the parent and permission of warden only.
15. Guest or outsiders are not allowed to enter the hostel without prior permission of the Dy Warden / Resident Tutor.
16. Mobile phones shall be deposited with the Dy Warden. Dy Warden shall make it available to the inmates only between 4:30pm to 6:00pm daily.
17. Possession or use of Intoxicants, Smoking or Gambling is prohibited inside the hostel.
18. Smoking is prohibited in the hostel buildings. Gambling in any form such as playing cards (even without money at stake), consumption of alcohol, use of drugs and narcotics and even possession of such things are prohibited.
19. Use of electricity and water is to be minimized. All electrical appliances should be switched off and glass windows and doors should be secured when you leave the room.
20. Celebration parties inside the hostel is not permitted.
21. Collection of donation in any form is strictly prohibited.
22. Students should not bring any power driven two wheelers to the hostel.
23. Ragging is prohibited inside the hostel and the College.
24. Neatness and cleanliness shall be maintained at all time.
25. All movements to and from the hostels should be recorded in the movement register kept with the security guard at the entrance of the hostel and should be properly signed.
26. In all matters not covered above the direction and decision of the Principal shall be final.
a. Late comers shall not be permitted to enter the class during class hours. However, they shall be permitted to attend the next hour.
b. When a student is found absent from the classes without proper permission he / she is liable to pay fine, the quantum of which will be decided by the Principal/ Dean Academic/ Vie-Principal depending upon the severity of absenteeism.
c. Leave letter duly signed by parents in the student leave application form provided from the college must be submitted after getting endorsement from staff advisor and to be forwarded to the HOD concerned. The parents should inform in prior to the concerned staff advisor through phone regarding the leave to be taken by the student.
d. Students of one branch should not go to the other classes or junior classes. If anybody violates this rule shall be liable to be punished.
e. During class hours, students should remain in the class even if the faculty has not come. After 5 minutes, the class representative must inform this matter to the HOD/Principal/Dean Academic/Vice-Principal
f. No students shall leave or enter the classroom without the permission of the faculty member once the class has started.
g. Students shall keep their seats and classroom in a neat condition and arrangements should not be disturbed or furniture dislocated.
h. Habitual neglect of class work, non submission of assignments, record books, homework or writing examinations shall be deemed as breach of discipline and shall be dealt with strongly.
i. They should bring the respective notebooks, assignment books, drawing instruments, drawing sheets etc, when they come to the respective classes.
j. They should complete the record books before entering the laboratories.
k. Students attending meetings and functions should maintain decorum, discipline and good behavior.
a. All students admitted in UKF College of Engineering & Technology, Parippally, Kollam shall undergo the prescribed course of study as per the curriculum of the University of Kerala,Government of Kerala and directions of AICTE, New Delhi.
b. Muslim students are given permission for going to mosque on Fridays from 1.00 pm to 2.30 pm.
c. The students must be regular in attending classes, in proper uniform on all working days, otherwise, disciplinary actions will be initiated against them.
d. Disciplinary actions and fines will be imposed when a student does not comply with any of the directions related to the curricular, co-curricular and extra- curricular activities of the College.
e. The Management accepts no responsibility in respect of the loss of property of students while in the college premises.
f. All fees pertaining to the College are to be paid on or before the prescribed date intimated by the College. For the late payment of fees, late fee may be levied.
g. In case a student discontinues for any reason, whatsoever he/she has to pay the fee for the whole course for which he/she has been admitted.
h. All original certificates are to be deposited with the College and the same will be forwarded to the University and it will be returned only after the completion of the course and after the full payment of the course fees and other dues, if any.
i. All financial transaction will be through our banker, the Punjab National Bank Ltd, Varkala Branch, account number 4254005800000013.
j. Every student will be issued an identity card ( ID card ) on admission. This card is to be returned on completion of the course. In case of loss of the ID, a duplicate one may be issued at a cost.
k. Students are required to pay visits to Industries/Institutions as an integral part of the course and the expenses for the same should be borne by them.
l. The students are not allowed to stay outside as paying guests in and around the college. All students must come from their respective home or they have to join in the hostel.
1. Each student is provided with a leave book, which should be kept updated by him / her for the purpose of attendance calculation.
2. Students should not get involved in any nefarious activities that will be degrading the College
3. Students should not tease or rag their fellow students, juniors or anybody. If they violate this rule they shall be summarily dismissed from the college and FIR filed.
4. Students should not smoke or use drugs, alcohol or any substance injurious to health within the college campus. If violated serious action shall be initiated against them.
5. Students should not wander in the verandas or corridors during class hours. Nor should they go out of the class unless called for by the college authorities for some valid reasons.
6. Any kind of misbehavior shall lead to suspension followed by an enquiry to decide final action.
7. Desecration of walls, floor, furniture, boards etc shall be dealt with extreme severity. The offenders will be forced to make good the above losses.
8. Students making damages to the college property will be severely punished and the whole class will be imposed with the penalty.
9. Considering the requirement of energy saving, all lights and fans in the classroom should be switched off when not in use; otherwise the fine will be imposed on the class as a whole.
10. A student suspended twice and gets involved in misbehavior for the third time shall be summarily dismissed from the college.
11. Visitors/parents/guardians are not permitted to see the students during class hours. However, under extra ordinary circumstances college authorities may waive this clause.
12. Students are responsible for the safe custody of tools/equipments they use. If damaged the loss of property shall be made good from the student along with a deferred fine.
13. Political, union activities, dharnas, gharao and shouting slogans or mass boycotting from the classes are totally forbidden. If anyone if found to indulge in such he/she will be summarily dismissed from the college.
14. Possession and using mobile phone inside the campus is strictly forbidden. Faculty members/HOD’s/Principal/Dean Academic can seize the cell phone and students will be facing disciplinary actions including penalty and dismissal from the college immediately.
15. Rash or negligent driving of vehicles in the college premises is strictly prohibited.
a. The students have to follow the rules and regulations of the College and behave in a manner befitting to be a part of a professional institution.
b. Students of one branch should not go to the other branches and junior classes.
c. No students shall leave or enter the classroom without the permission of the faculty member once the class has started.
d. Students shall keep their seats and classroom in a neat condition and arrangements should not be disturbed.
e. Habitual neglect of class work, non submission of assignments, record books and homework,absenting from examinations shall be deemed as breach of discipline.
f. They should be adequately equipped to attend the classes and laboratories, as per the directions given by the faculty concerned, from time to time.
g. Students should attend meetings and functions arranged for them and should maintain decorum, discipline and good behavior.
h. Students shall not resort to ragging in any form at any place and shall abide by the rules/laws/orders by the courts, Govt. of India and the Institute authorities for the purpose from time to time. The students/parents can report incidents of ragging to any member of the CollegeAdministration.
1 Bringing and using mobile phone to the College
2 Violating dress code
3 Making damages to College property
4 Late coming
5 Irregular class attendance
6 Un authorized absence in any intermediate period
7 Similar offences
Any penalty collected will be accounted to the “Students Welfare Fund”. Any student penalized shall not be admitted in the class until the penalty amount is remitted.